Pages

Saturday 25 November 2017

Picture This #427 ~ Red

First of all thanks to Benni for hosting and a wonderful banner photo from Mitch.


So let's begin with a Swiss fire engine. We drive past the fire station every time we go to the local supermarket.

Fire Truck 24.11.2017

The sunrise from 23rd November. Actually I took a photo  with my mobile phone in the morning when I rose and Mr. Swiss said he had a much better photo, we even compete. I only have an iPhone 6, but he has the better with the iPhone 7 and he was up earlier than me, so the sunrise was better. This is the Mr. Swiss photo.
M - Sunrise

It is a Christmas tradition in Switzerland, and other European countries, to have a Christmas wreath with four candles. Each week of Advent another candle is lit, until all four are burning at Christmas. I took this photo last week in the local store.
Christmas Wreath

The local train, known as Bipperlisi (end station Niederbipp and lisi a version of Elisabeth)
Bipperlisi 11.07.2017



5 comments:

  1. Cool fire engine and car

    Beautiful shimmering pinkclouded doveblue sky.

    Lovely Christmas candles

    and cool little train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your takes on the theme! The fire engine and car are wonderful, with the contrast of the older buildings in the background. Gorgeous rosy red sunlight, Mr. Swiss did a very nice job. I'm sure you helped with the composition *wink*. Red candles are my favorite especially here with silver and gold accents. Great train shot, I wish we had them here, I would much prefer them to always having to drive or walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat !! A great selection of reds for the theme. There's no mistaking a fire engine, whatever country you are in!! Lovely sunrise colours in the second shot. Wonderful Christmas candle-wreath. I rather lke that tradition, eventhough it's not so well-known here in the UK. The train looks sleek and modern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four takes, all excellent for this week's theme. Hope the fire engines are seldom operating... Early sunrise announcing a fine day... I like the tradition of the wreath and the four candles. It's slowly gaining ground here, though the Advent calendar still is more popular, specially among children. I always make one different each year for my grandkid. I am not sure who it pleases the most, me with the preparations or he with the surprises... The red colour for trains is good as they are seen better even if they are not running very close to people. Well, the shot of the wreath is my favourite...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Pat love all your shots
    the cool fire engines and the sunrise neat the weinachts kranze lovely and I love the red trains we have red buses now

    ReplyDelete