Pages

Saturday 7 April 2018

Picture This #445 ~ Cows, Bulls, Cattle

Wonderful spring leaf by Mitch! I've not seen any of these yet, but I am hopeful.
Thanks to Anders for this bovine theme. I had to get a little creative because, although I live in a rural area, I have no pictures of cattle. But I do have these:
    Elsie the cow
In the town of Elsie, Michigan, there is this famous statue of Elsie the cow, although a quick glance will confirm that Elsie is a bull.

Dolphins
Male dolphins are called bulls and the females are called cows. This pair was photographed in Florida. Where it is warm.

Lizard extending dewlap
And, finally, I discovered that male reptiles are also called "bulls". As is "bullfrog". Here we have a male lizard displaying his dewlap. Apologies, I know you have all seen this picture before. But he is quite proud of himself.



5 comments:

  1. hi benni wow love your shots especially the last one

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to apologise, Benni. Creativity is very much allowed. Wonderful take on the theme. Delightful statue of Elsie the Cow. Beautiful dolphins and magnificent "bullfrog!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Benni !! Great shots for the theme. Elsie seems to be a very confused individual!! LOL. Wonderful shot of the dolphins. I always love to see your shot of Mr Show-Off!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool shots Benni, and very out of the box thinking, love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL at Elsie the bull! Nice shot. Love the dolphins and of course that famous little guy at the end.

    ReplyDelete