Pages

Saturday 27 October 2018

Picture This #472 ~ Fruits Of Autumn

Good morning, this is Benni, I am your host this week. Wonderful banner picture by Mitch showing the contrast between natural lines and man-made lines. Beautiful as well. I am still not able to comment here, but I will be commenting (when I get up) by PM on Facebook.
The theme this week is the "Fruits of Autumn", I am including mushrooms in the definition. You might include an autumn dinner or even an autumn ale. I hope you have fun finding pictures. Here are mine:

Osage Orange
This odd fruit, which is not edible, is called an osage orange or hedge apple. They grow on trees in old woods.

Purple mushroom
A purple mushroom that pops up in oak forests in the fall.

Giant puff ball
Another fall fungus, the giant puff ball. I am told they are edible, but I am not sure enough to recommend it. The squirrels and deer like them.

Apples
Good old apples, these are certainly edible and I shook a number from this tree. They taste so much better than store-bought apples.

I look forward to seeing the fruits of your interpretations.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Benni !! Many thanks for hosting this week and a great theme!! Those osage oranges are weird-looking things, like a small green brain!! LOL. Don't think I've ever seen one over here. Lovey fungi in the second and third shots. Wow, those puffball fungi get really huge!! Yummy crisp red apples in your final shot. I agree....wild or non-commercially grown fruit always tastes better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shimmering limegreen of orange

    Pretty shroom

    Laying of the hands?

    Luscious apples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi benni thanks for a cool theme
    love your shots
    that fist thing is so cool
    apples always good
    mushrooms my fav food love them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for this useful article. I like it.
    puff gigante

    ReplyDelete