Pages

Monday 3 December 2018

PICTURE THIS #477 - MANY VIEWS OF THE HOLIDAY SEASON



Hello from Lisbon, a city that, since yesterday, is officially celebrating the season.... The theme is perfect, Heidi!
For so long time I have been quiet... we all have ups and downs in our life, haven't we? However, tonight I have decided to get out from my cocoon for a short while and share the Challenge with you. The three photos below have not been edited at all.I have got lazy to do it. It's already late. I may come back on here to enjoy your contributions and drop my comments. Thanks!

This is the cake, named Bolo Rei (King Cake) that every Portuguese household has during the season. From now on until January 6, you see it at any pastry shop, supermarket, everywhere...
The one you see here was awarded a gold medal in 2015... 
Recently they started to bake the so-called Queen Cake that instead of candied fruit has dried nuts. It seems women are now achieving gender equality at least across the pastry sector ..

MANY VIEWS OF THE HOLIDAY SEASON

Dressed for the season

MANY VIEWS OF THE HOLIDAY SEASON


Yesterday at a Christmas market... I asked a guy who was having Sangria to allow me to take the photo. 

MANY VIEWS OF THE HOLIDAY SEASON

Yesterday, Lisbon downtown

MANY VIEWS OF THE HOLIDAY SEASON

8 comments:

  1. Looks delish!

    Sweetiepie!

    A light repast!

    Utterly wonderful decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Belita!! It's so very good to see you taking part again!! We all miss your wonderful contributions. I very much like the look of the Bolo Rei. It do like cake with dried fruits. However, I will have to miss out on the Queen cake as I do not eat anything with nuts in. It seems you met one of Santa's little helpers in that second shot!! Is Sangria traditionally drunk at this time of year? Here in the UK we celebrate with 'Mulled Wine'. Wonderful city decoration in your final shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mitch! Thanks for your kind words. Well, though Sangria is typical from Spain, it's often served at Christmas markets not at home. It's not the most appropriate for this time of the year when temperatures jump down.

      Delete
  3. Belita, I've been asked by Benni to tell you she is unable to comment on posts here on Blogger, so she has left comments on your photos on Flickr instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for conveying me her impossibility. I have just now come from Flickr.

      Delete
  4. oh how lovely love each one more than the one above

    ReplyDelete