Pages

Saturday 8 December 2018

Picture This #478 ~ From The Forge

Good afternoon to everyone. Thank you for putting my little cat as banner picture. Quite an interesting theme! There is a book my brother had about immigrant steel workers called "Out of this Furnace" and your title, Anders, reminded me of it. Here are my pictures, I hope you like them, and I will come around to comment on yours on Facebook.

Water access
Water access spot - actually I don't know what this is. But it does seem to do with water.

After the hurricane
This piece of concrete was washed up on the beach after Hurricane Irma. Apparently the iron I-beam was overcome by the force of nature.

Brass boat Captain Eddie's fish eatery and store
Portion of a small boat at Captain Eddie's Restaurant and bar in Florida.



3 comments:

  1. Great shot of the street water access spot, cool piece of iron art and capture of the boat's hull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures the Water one is probsbly a place where they have access to turn of if there is a brake they have those in San Francisco

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Benni !! Super shots for the theme. I think Heidi is correct....a place to turn off the water supply if needed. Can you even imagine the forces required to move that concrete and steel? Cool contrast of textures in the third shot.

    ReplyDelete