Pages

Saturday 21 October 2017

Picture This #422 ~ All In The Family

Thanks for hosting Benni and congratulations on the banner photo.

My photos are not from me, because the people that took the photos are no longer amongst us, it is something with a difference. Sorry for the quality but they older photos. I now have my first grandson, but we are keeping him out of Facebook and any other internet places. He can decide himself when he is old enough.

I am sorry for the poor quality of this photo, but it was taken with my mum's Brownie box camera some time in the 1950's. My grandfather is on the right, his son my dad next to him and then my grandmother. The lady on the left is my dad's sister, I remember the photo being taken.
Dad's family

I am in the middle taken my cousins for a walk, who were actually twins. I suppose I was about 2-3 years old at the time and they were 11 months younger. I will be 71 in December and my cousins will be celebrating 70 years in November.  Time flies, and we have now become the older generation.
Steve me and Kit at Nutfield

And here are Jason and Emily, my great grandparents. She eventually had 14 children and my grandmother was the only surviving daughter, she had 11 brothers. A couple died as children. They are many stories to tell of this dynasty. They were all farm labourers.
Jason and Emily

And me with mum and dad, what more shall I say?
Me, mum and dad small



5 comments:

  1. Hi Pat, wonderful pictures! No need to apologize for the quality; it adds to the authenticity. I have great admiration for the people in the top photo; they survived the war and hardship. What cuties in the next picture, you are so grown up at 2 or 3 taking your cousins for a walk. The picture of Jason and Emily fascinates me! From the late 19th century I would guess, I wonder what she was thinking. Fourteen children is quite a lot; women were quite strong in those days. And a grand picture of you, held by your smiling mom with your dad beside you. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific choices of photos to depict the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat !! great collection of family photos for the theme. You can certainly trace your family back (photographically) further than I can with mine!! I guess in the first photo people were still going through the post-war austerity and didn't feel like smiling much. Cute photo of you 'taking charge' of your cousins. Wonderful to still have a photo of your great-grandparents when they were young in such good condition. Last photo is a 'smiley' shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat am still visiting daughters and it is nice and warm
    love to see you and your family nice to see the evolution

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat! Very nice and meaningful photos... No doubt, time flies and sometimes we forget about it...

    ReplyDelete