Pages

Saturday 21 October 2017

Picture This #422 ~ All In The Family

Many thanks to Benni for hosting this week. A very good theme, with lots of possibilities. Unfortunately, my family has never really been known for passing heirlooms from one generation to the next, so all my photos will be of family themselves. All the photos are pre-digital photos that I've scanned, but all were taken by me. 

1) This is the oldest of all the photos I'll be posting. On the left is my great-grandfather, in the middle my grandfather and on the right my grandmother. This was taken on the island of Jersey (not New Jersey in the US) around the early 70's (can't recall the exact year).
Great-Grandad, Grandad & Grandma

2) This photo is of my mom and step-father, with my grandfather in the background. Taken around 1981.
Mom & Wyn 1

3) In this photo, the two children in the foreground are my cousins Fiona and Alex. How the years have passed!! Fiona is now studying at Manchester University and Alex is now a police officer!!
Fiona, Dinah, Alex, Grandma

4) Not forgetting some of the family pets. This is Tara and Ben, both of them were mine back in the 80's.
Ben & Tara 2



5 comments:

  1. Wonderful shots of your family and the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mitch and pleased to meet all your family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely family photos. I like how each one shows the personality (or mood of the moment) of your family members. Your grandfather, in yellow up top, seems to be beaming with contentment. Your grandmother is lovely with her ginger hair. Your mom, in the next photo, is smashing in that white dress. Fiona and Alex are angels, and it's a nicely composed picture (of TV night?). And lovely Tara and Ben, such cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family Mitch, such good shots. Early 70's seems only like yesterday to me, did we really have cars like that? You mum looks good in that dress. Looks like something special, the men are wearing ties. Yes time passes and but we have the photographic memories. Who would have known what those toddlers would become on that photo. Those Afghans have something weird about themselves, sort of canine homomo sapiens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mitch! Looking at the photos, I really love the photo of your mother... what a beautiful lady with a so sweet smile!!!

    ReplyDelete