Pages

Saturday 17 February 2018

Picture This #438 ~ Windows

Hi everyone, this is Mitch. I'll be hosting this week.  Before I get to the theme I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for responding so well to my message a couple of weeks ago about commenting. 

My theme this week is 'Windows'. I'll leave it up to you how you interpret it. I've gone for some less-obvious ones, along with a more traditional one.

1) Defender's View. This is how the occupants of Castell Carreg Cennen looked out on the world hundreds of years ago.
Defender's View

2) Abstract Window. A hand-painted window at an exhibition at the National Maritime Museum, Swansea. 
Window Abstract 12

3) Nature's Window. I saw this sunlit bush through a hole in the sandstone formation, Valley of Fire, Nevada.
Nature's Window

4) Broken Dreams. Taken at the Batsto Industrial Museum, New Jersey.
Broken Dreams



6 comments:

  1. morning mitch
    great banner and the theme is so cool thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shot of the archer's viewport

    Wow - amazing!

    Beautiful framing of the frizzled bush

    A grand old window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Mitch a wonderful collection of shots in great locations nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mitch, fascinating window in the ancient castle. Big enough to look out of, narrow enough to prevent those pesky arrows from coming in. Love the handpainted window in Swansea, and, of course, the brilliantly colored window of rock. The broken dreams window is melancholy, but nicely taken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mitch! How I love all the four different windows I see on here. The first is very unique and artistically embellished by the landscape... the abstraction of the second shot makes me look at it again and again, while the third shows the power of Nature... the introduction of the third is perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos. If you come back by way of NJ, let me know, not far from Batso. I could show you around Philly sometime.

    ReplyDelete