Pages

Saturday 28 July 2018

Picture This #460 ~ Sepia Tones

Oh how I love that perky lemur that is our banner shot! And a wonderful theme. Sepia tones can totally change the atmosphere of a picture and it was a pleasure to look through my photos to find some that would look good in sepia. Here they are.

Florida porch
Porch of an old house in Florida.

Pensive
A pensive portrait of my mother, circa 1970. The original was a Polaroid.

University Notre Dame Indiana
From a recent trip to the University of Notre Dame in Indiana, US.

I shall be back around shortly to see your pictures; need to finish breakfast.



9 comments:

  1. hi benni wow all your shots took the sepia made them look vintage great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Benni !! Great selections for the theme!! The porch with the planter/statue is a perfect subject for sepia. Lovely portrait of your mom, although you've told us the date, the sepia makes it looks a lot older. Good capture of the building at Notre Dame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Benni! Good to know you like the theme of my choice... How beautiful shots you share with us! As I look at the porch and see that woman's head, I don't know why but it reminded me Italy, more precisely, the region of Toscana... Your late mother had a very sweet face and the photo shows how an elegant lady of her time was like... Love this! Nice building in the third shot and the two lights on make it be lively...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am honored, thank you. The house in the first picture was built to resemble houses in Italy; you have a sharp eye.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sepia shots, Benni :)

    ReplyDelete