Pages

Friday 22 July 2016

Picture This #362 ~ Older Than 50 Years

I have now returned from England since a week and gradually getting back to my normal state of affairs after 6 months of stress and not knowing where it was all leading too. Now I am settled and can concentrate on I, me and myself for a change.


I actually stole the theme from one of my challenges in WordPress, but found it was something completely different. Anyone here older than 50 years is welcome to do a selfie. Anyhow here are my photos.


This is Waltham Abbey in the country of Essex in England which I visited when in England. The original building was some time at the beginning of the century and they say that King Harold is buried there (the guy that was defeated by the Normans in 1066) but they have not yet found his bones. There is just an empty grave there.

Waltham Abbey 15.07 (12)

Today Mr. Swiss and I had lunch in a restaurant and ate outside in the garden. They had a relic of our old chair lift on the local mountain Weissenstein. It was replaced last year with a gondola. This original chair lift was built in 1950.
Old Weissenstein chair lift

And who remembers these old tape decks. I took the photo in a museum in Solothurn where I live where they have a collection of older electronic equipment, including computers.
World of Information 25.05.2016 Exhibition 10010ENTER0101 (30)



5 comments:

  1. Hi Pat great theme sad trip home hope you are rested now
    love your shots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat !! Many thanks for hosting this week. Great theme with lots of possibilities. I had heard of Waltham Abbey, but had not ever seen a photo of it. It didn't know it was the supposed resting place of King Harald. I'm not sure I would have wanted to go up in the old chairlift, it looks a bit minimal!! Cool old tape-deck!! I used to use one of those many many years ago before cassettes arrived on the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing church

    "You kept lifting, you kept lifting - higher, higher and higher..."

    I remember these old things. My parents used ours at parties in the 70s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waltham Abbey is wonderful. Love your shots of the gondola chair and the old tape deck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great theme, Pat! Beautiful Abbey, I would love to enjoy a meal at that restaurant garden, I remember well one of those tape decks... there was a Grundig one at my parents'...

    ReplyDelete