Pages

Saturday 30 July 2016

PICTURE THIS #363 ~ THE THINGS I SAW

Good morning from Lisbon, where the temperature is still high at this early hour! How lucky I am to host this week's Challenge!!! Why? You may wonder... I tell you the reason: I think of myself as a bit superstitious and I believe palindromic numbers bring good fortune. It's the case with PT number of this week... 363!!!
Even though, my choice of theme has nothing to do with numbers, superstitions, either, but it relates to THE THINGS I SAW. We are permanently seeing things but only a few are captured by our cameras. I'm curious to see 'your things'. Please show them to us...
Thanks!


I saw all the things in Lisbon
This display caught my attention for the delicate porcelain figures and the copper wares that are not delicate at all.
THINGS I SAW...

Interesting and very logical display... Cats and sardines... THINGS I SAW...

The arrangement of the wicker basket and the corn stalks tied together reminded me Autumn is coming soon...
THINGS I SAW...

Intentionally, the red tulips are at the bottom, not because I don't like the shot. On the contrary, I love it. The last is always the best...
THINGS I SAW...



11 comments:

  1. good morning belita
    love your theme
    love the tulips love all of your 'things'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Belita!! Many thanks for hosting this week, a wonderful theme that has many possible interpretations. I really like that first shot. Although made of very different materials, the porcelain figures and the copper jugs somehow look like they belong together. Yes, indeed...cats and sardines are a good match, knowing how much cats love to eat fish!! Corn stalks and wicker baskets also look like they belong together naturally. A beautiful display of tulips to finish with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased to do it, Mitch! Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
  3. So wonderful! I love how you captured the shine of the copper vases along the porcelain figures. The kitties and fish are nice too and make a good picture. Wonderful corn, yes autumn is coming soon. And I agree, your last shot is my favorite, a lovely collection of colors and shapes, light and dark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos. I like the arrangement of the group in the first photo and it seems the cats are annoyed that the sardines are not real. Wonderful tuplip arrangement with the contrasting colours and love the corn.

    ReplyDelete