Pages

Sunday 14 August 2016

PICTURE THIS #365 ~ ART

Congratulations, Mitch, for the very nice banner image. I love the theme for this week. Aren't we surrounded by art, though sometimes we don't notice it?

It was not easy to select which of which photos in my folders I should post for the theme. I wanted to share with you something a bit different from what we commonly call art. Hope you like the photos below.

Urban art - seen at a suburban neighbourhood close to Lisbon.
ART

Nature creates excellent pieces of art... ART

Cake styling is an art, isn't it?
ART 

Who hasn't heard of the Japanese art of folding paper (Origami)?
The photo shows how to make a warrior hat
ART

5 comments:

  1. Hi Belita yes we are truly surrounded by art if we choose to open our eyes
    love all your the first one is stupendous and the cake wow and Origami can be very artful love nature my mind conj ours up all kinds of things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Belita!! Excellent photos for this week's theme. I knew you would have many great examples to share with us. That urban art in the first shot is wonderful. I do like to see buildings decorated with art in this way. Your second shot demonstrates how nature uses light and shadow as an art-form. Yes, indeed....cake decorating is certainly an art-form, and your photo is a good example. Origami is a special kind of art. I have tried it, but was not very good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wonderful pictures for the theme! The portrait of the woman is beautiful. I wonder what the artist does for a living, but he could easily paint professionally. A nice addition to the neighborhood. Shadows on green leaves makes for very pleasing images; nature is an artist. Yes, I agree, cake styling is an art and that person is very good at it. Charming poster showing how to make an origami hat. I am glad you included the artist in your photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to review these wonderful photos all week, but never did. Better late than never. Love the first artistic of the lady painted on the wall. Nature is really the best designer of all. I could never decorate cakes so well, an admirable work. Origami is interesting, but I would definitely cut in the wrong places.

    ReplyDelete