Many thanks to Heidi for hosting this week's challenge. This will be an interesting theme, it'll be good to get to know the places where my friends live!!
I haven't taken many photos recently of my neighbourhood, so all my shots are older ones from my archive. The area I live in is fairly rural. Several villages, a couple of small towns and quite a few historical sites.
1) This is the 'busy' main street of the village where I live.
2) This is the view from my home.
3) The nearest historical site is actually in the village where I live. These are the remains of Lamphey Palace, once the home of the Bishops of St David's.
4) A couple of miles away is Carew, another small village with a lot of history. This is a view of the Mill and Millpond, taken at sunset on a freezing cold winter's day.
5) The main river of the area is the Cleddau. Not a very long river, but has the distinction of widening into one of the deepest natural harbours in the world before it reaches the sea, at a place called Milford Haven, just three miles from where I live. Here you can see the ferry to Ireland leaving port.