Pages

Saturday 9 November 2013

PICTURE THIS #225 ~ PATTERNS IN NATURE

THANK YOU SO MUCH , MITCH FOR ASKING ME TO HOST THIS WEEKEND. 

IT IS MY PLEASURE TO INTRODUCE A CHALLENGE  INSPIRED BY DIATRIBE MOCKING BIRD, WHO HAS ALLOWED ME TO STEAL HER THEME IDEA FROM BAZ'S SITE ON FB, WHICH SHE HOSTED AS "PATTERNS". I COULD NOT TAKE PART, BUT KEPT THINKING ABOUT IT UNTIL LOOKING THROUGH PHOTOS FROM OUR RECENT WEEKEND AWAY 
AND REALISED ALL THE PATTERNS FOUND IN NATURE.

PLEASE GIVE ME WHAT YOU HAVE FROM BUTTERFLIES, TO SPIDER WEBS TO ANIMALS TREES, FLOWERS,  FERNS AND SILHOUETTES AND SHADOWS 
.ANYTHING IN AND IN BETWEEN.

ASKED THE BOSSMAN AND WE CAN DO 5. NO PROBLEM . *SMILE*

This stone has a pretty pattern, I think.
Patterns Stone

A lovely pattern on a tree, this is an old Acacia Thorn Tree, I love their textured bark.
  Patterns Tree

A Weaver birds nest is intricately woven with sticks and leaves from the palm tree. 
The patterns never fail to fascinate me.
  Patterns Bird Nest

You have to admit that the patterns on a Peacocks tail are absolute exquisite. 
Patterns Peacock

These 2 snails were very busy, did not even unlock when I removed them from my strawberry bed, gave them a photo session before feeding them to the birds. The patterns there are different though and I love it, but not in my veggie patch. Not allowed. Apologies to sensitive viewers. 
Patterns Snails

I am certain, most of you when seeing this theme, thought here she goes, 
giraffe, zebra, cheetah. I will not disappoint you ....................
 my bonus shot, 
 my little  Zebra foal. 

He follows me everywhere and 
when carrots are finished, starts digging in my pockets. 
Patterns Zebra

Have fun and go wild with your patterns in nature. 

I will be back later to enjoy them all. 

Love to all

Marianne.


19 comments:

  1. Hi Marianne!! Many thanks for hosting this week!! It's a great theme and one I'm sure everyone will have shots for. Interesting patterns in the rock and the Accacia tree. The patterns in a peacock's tail are always beautiful, and the Weaver bird's nest is like nature's wickerwork :-)) Looking at those two snails I know now there the phrase 'bumping uglies' came from!!! LOL. Cute little zebra foal in the final shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for asking me, Mitch, sometimes I need a good old push or kick to get moving. *smile* I had fun shooting special for the theme.

      Delete
  2. Hi Marianne love the theme and you start us off with some beautiful examples, all beautiful I cant pic a Fav;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A plethora of amazing shots. Beautiful stone and tree. Love the intricacy of the nest. The peacock is truly resplendent. "Mmh, honey, let's keep on snogging." A zebra's markings is truly a remarkable sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anders, for your info, those 2 snoggers, only lasted long enough for a photo session, then was squashed and put on bird feeder for the Barbet, who was very appreciative of an early morning snack. No fornication in my strawberry beds allowed. *grins*

      Delete
  4. Wow, Marianne, each picture is more beautiful than the last. Aren't the weaverbirds' nests just amazing? You captured it very well. The peacock is magnificent and I love the patterns on your little zebra foal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Benni. Nature is amazing, once you start looking, I could have posted plenty more, but scared to get in trouble yet again.

      Delete
  5. So many photos and all so good. I particularly like the 50 shades of Snail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *splutter* now I spilt coffee over my keyboard. Thank you Pat. I love your sense of humour. ((( )))

      Delete
  6. Thanks for hosting, Marianne. It's an interesting theme and you have some very cool shots to start us off. I love them all but my favorite is the close up of your zebra foal.

    I saw the snails earlier on FB. Extraordinary shot!

    The tree bark is nice and the stone looks almost as if someone has painted an abstract painting on it.

    The peacock is so handsome!

    I love the bird nest.That must have been quite a job building that. I'd love to see them at work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby, I am so pleased you like it. I can honestly sit and watch those weavers for hours, I must have a look, I had a series of shots, I took while having a glass of wine, getting a crick in my neck over a couple of hours, watching them. The female inspects the finished product and if not happy, the whole thing gets pulled down again and he starts all over.

      Delete
  7. Very interesting choice of theme, Marianne! Love all the photos of that of the snails is really unique!!!!
    PS: I sent you an email when you were one of the winners of the CYG but I'm afraid you didn't get it.
    For your curiosity... Winners

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmmhhhmmm, don't remember a winner? Thank you , Belita. My email is klintm@mweb.co.za

    Will go look now. Cannot now wait to see all your entries, sorry for being tardy, was busy with quotes yesterday, catching up in office, finishing creditors, then had to go out for dinner.

    On top of that the Internet connection was sporadic all day, I think I took 3 hours just to post the challenge, so frustrating. Welcome to Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thank you, I just saw the other 3 winners, never even saw my name LOL, always in a hurry only absorbs half of what is happening. Mwah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elephant can be posted to PO Box 44214, Linden 2104, Gauteng, Republic of South Africa. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi All :)
    Gracie here - yes - that means I figured it all out.
    I don't know if I'll be participating in this challenge but I'll be keeping my eye on the page!
    Lovely contributions so far!
    :) Happy Sunday All! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. With your keen observational talents and the ability to get "up close and personal," maybe you can answer the question that has plagued me for years. Is is white stripes on a black background or black stripes on a white backgrouind?

    A note of caution from someone who suffered some indignity by a zebra colt many years ago, DO NOT under any circumstances keep carrots in your back pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your baby Marianne. Your photos are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete