Pages

Monday 6 May 2013

Picture This #198 ~ FACES

Picture This #198 ~ FACES 

My first photo is the meeting of a handicapped lady that I met yesterday as she meets our handicapped mare.  It was love at first touch. 

_DSC6417 copy

  My second photo was also taken yesterday.  Oh to be young and carefree again.  Katie is riding our horse Doc bareback and backwards.  

_DSC6461 copy

My third photo is the handicapped lady and Amie who brought her over to our place to watch the horse activities.  With help from a tall mounting block & assisting the prosthetic leg to go over the saddle, we got her on Jake (my horse) and she got to ride.  She was so happy she was about to cry.  Happy rider, happy friend, and I think Jake was happy too.  

_DSC6790 copy

16 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda!! Great to see you taking part again. A beautifully touching moment in the first shot. Had to smile at the second shot. The look on Doc's face seems to say "Has this women ever ridden a horse before???" LOL. So glad the handicapped lady actually got to ride Jake :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are all heart warming...the middle is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word Lynda. You are a marvelous lady with a kind heart. Your three photos are a joy to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! My favorite set of this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg what lovely choices. the fist one is my fav. ciao

    ReplyDelete
  6. All wonderful captures Lynda cant pick a favourite;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos of the woman and your daughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter is not in the photos. Just friends.

      Delete
  8. Three very interesting photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your pictures, the bottom one seems so special to me with the look between the two women and the horse as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the top photo you can see some scaring on April's muzzle (side). That is from a recent encounter with a rattlesnake. We thought we were going to loose her that first night even after expensive vet treatments. Her muzzle area is almost back to normal but you can see she still has a bit of drainage and may most of the summer
    .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three great captures, Lynda! The last one is very special and my favourite...

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your wonderful horses always Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I n early missed your entries this week, my apologies, Lynda. They are all awesome and heart warming.

    We have a riding school here dedicated to helping mental and physical handicapped people and children. For years I helped out with the pony classes, it was the highlight of my week, to see a child getting out his wheelchair and onto a horse , the joy on those faces and the little down syndrome girl that just cried and cried, hugging "her pony" will probably never leave my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this, Lynda. Superb shots, all three and what a beautiful horse. I especially love that last shot where the horse is looking straight at you.

    ReplyDelete