Pages

Friday 31 May 2013

Picture This #201 ~ Water Related

I'm down to the wire with this theme of Water. I see that we are on a new theme - Rocks. Hopefully, I'll get those images out soon.
Here are my images for Water Related.
While we don't have spectacular waterfalls in my state of Connecticut, these are a couple of them. They are both located in state parks.
The first image is Kent Falls which is located on the northwest corner of our little state.
This waterfall is located in the state park Devil's Hopyard in Salem. According to the legend, the devil threw rocks to create holes.
This last image is my favorite. We were sitting in Sister Cities Park on Memorial Day in Philadelphia a year ago. Families were gathered around this fountain. It was a warm day and the kids were enjoying themselves.

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots of the waterfall and wonderful one of the children playing in the fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As they say it is not what you do but the way that you do it, and you have 3 good shots. The waterfalls are beautiful and the fountain shot is good (is similar to what we have in Bern, Switzerland on the square next to the parliment building)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Pat. I didn't want to intrude too closely with the children. That would be upsetting to their parents. I thought that this fountain in front of the cathedral was like a setting in Europe.

      Delete
  3. Hi Robert !! Better late than never!! You still had time, the new theme was posted a little earlier than usual. Three great shots for the theme!! The two waterfall shots are lovely. They both remind me of falls here in Wales. Kids always love playing around in water :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mitch. There is another photo of a boy riding his scooter into the fountain. I was enjoying myself taking these photos of the kids.

      Delete
  4. Lovely waterfall shots, Robert. Not to worry, I was also late and Anders is early. *grins*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say it's better late than never. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  5. Yes Robert, Nice shots all of them. Very cooling. he he

    ReplyDelete
  6. the falls are both lovely, I like the autumn colors too...the last photo is FUN! very cute...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kent Falls is one of my favorite places. It's a pleasant drive to get there. The kids were enjoying themselves that day. Thank you.

      Delete
  7. The waterfalls are beautiful, Robert and I love the street fountain. We have one of those in Augusta, Ga...near the Riverwalk. So much fun for the city kids on a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous waterfalls. My state is so flat that these do indeed look spectacular to me and nicely photographed. What a charming picture of the children in the fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Robert, I just noticed the question you posted about the jellyfish. I have answered it, if you care to go back! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Robert, beautiful waterfalls and cool street fountain. All the three are very good captures. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete