Pages

Saturday 11 May 2013

PICTURE THIS #199 ~ SPRING


Hi all Spring has really arrived out in the countryside here in the South of England, so this week is a perfect theme for me as I was out several times this week exploring and looking for wild spring flowers, they see to me all out at the same time this year, here are my three choices for the theme.

Bluebell Woods, Cranborne Chase, Dorset England.


_5069228

Cowslips on chalk bank, Knowlton Church and Neolithic Earthworks, Dorset, England.

This Norman church, which was built in the 12th century, is situated at the centre of a Neolithic ritual henge earthwork. Cowsilps grow extensively on the banks and ditches of the Neolithic Circle. 

_5069282


Daffodils in a church yard, Standlynch Chapel, Downton, Wiltshire.

P4160037

17 comments:

  1. Three exquisite field shots. I especially love the blue flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because of the subject matter these images look much better at a larger scale than we can show on the web page you can right click each image to see it at a larger scale.;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow Baz now I need to get to your neck of the woods
    wonderful shots thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Baz. A great selection of Spring flowers from you :-)) My faves are the bluebells. Bluebell woods always remind me of my childhood. That must be the biggest collection of daffs I've seen in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks MitchI agree about the Daffs and that was only one side of the chapel same again on the other LOL;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your choice of spring flowers.Especially the bluebells.
    Wonderful country shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 lovely shots. I remember my grandmother having bluebells at the bottom of the garden and seeing them always brings memories back. I have never seen a bluebell in Switzerland up to now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if you are a fan of the J.R.R. Tolkien books, but your pictures, to me, have that beautiful "woods of the Shire" feel. Fantastically lovely; I could tramp for miles in your countryside and not get tired.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely countryside, Baz. I love the bluebells with that wonderful play of sunshine and shadows!

    The cowslips are pretty! I'll have to google that one. I've never seen one up close.

    Dafffodils are the first herald of Spring down south, or rather the second. The first would be Robins. The church yard is like a sea of flowers. I'll bet the little girls in the area love to go there to pick flowers.

    wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. a great set of spring lovlies, the blue bells are so pretty, would love to see them in person

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi baz nice examples of British countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No doubt... you took those beautiful photos in your country...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos of your countryside. I must agree with Benni's comment about Tolkien's Shire. What also comes to mind is Wordsworth's poem Daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have some wonderful views unfolding for you and your camera. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete