Pages

Friday 31 May 2013

PICTURE THIS #201 ~ Water Related

Firstly congratulation to Sophie on her lovely Spring capture. Beautiful. 

Then apologies for not being around for a while, I have had some personal problems, that now seems to be sorted out, but not really for sharing, much too glum.

Thank you to Heidi for her Spring theme, apologies for not taking part and to Mitch , congratulations with your 200 anniversary. Who would ever have thought, when Mia asked us to take over the running of PT. 

Thank you Danette for this lovely theme, when originally I saw water, I just retreated back into hibernation  but yesterday when having a peep, realised it is water related, not running water or water in motion, which for me is so very very difficult. 

I am so late with this, that I see the next theme has already gone up. 

Well better late than never , so you will just have to put up with it.


1.  When the zebra is drinking from the pool, all people must leave the pool area. 

                   Kidd you not, that is what the sign says at Heia Safari Ranch, my favourite retreat.



When Zebras drink from the pool ..........


2. YOu can take an elephant to water ................... but when his trunk is too short to reach?   
                                    
                                          Elephants at Askari Private Game Ranch

YOu can take an elephant to water ............



3. Like water off a ducks back ................. the way I feel right now........lol 

                                   Duck on the pond at Big Creek Lodge


  like water off a ducks back...............


Now will have to go Rock hunting to keep Anders happy, I see. See you over the weekend .

 Love to all 

 Marianne

18 comments:

  1. Maybe late but love all the shots. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are fabulous! the first one cracks me up! I love the contrast of the blue pool and the zebra stripes! the second shot is so cute, is that a baby? the last shot serenely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must see the whole herd of zebra when they come galloping during breakfast , it is quite a sight.Not quite a baby elephant, he is about 10-11 years old, so still a youngster. I remember him when he was tiny tiny, so cute. He once pushed me over as I wanted to love him. He is now too big to be loved that way, but still lovable. I think that was when I was there in 20012/2002. Have paper photos of him then.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful shots, Marianne. I love the pic of the zebras.

    Poor little elephant. Is it at the swimming pool,too?

    Pretty duck. Love the reflection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby. The zebra's was at Heia Safari Ranch, that is where my giraffes are too. The elephants are at Askari Ranch, they came from the elephant sanctuary 4 years ago, is now doing fine.

      Delete
  4. Cute with the Zebras. Wonderful shot of the elephants. Beautiful photo of the duck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that is something completely different. I even leave my felines in peace when they are drinking, so how could you disturb a zebra. The elephant shot is great, even the little ones have their problems. You have ducks in Suid Afrika? I thought they would be more ostrich size. Nice collection of photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have loads of "normal" ducks and geese, Pat *grins*

      Delete
  6. Hi Marianne!! So good to see you back with us!! I was a little concerned we hadn't seen you, but didn't like to pry. I hope things are better for you now, whatever it was.

    You've come up with three great shots for the theme!! The first one is just just fantastic!! How wonderful to have these stripey visitors drinking from the pool :-)) Awww, poor little hefferlump's trunk isn't long enough. Someone give him a leg up!! Lovely shot of the duck. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for Anders' 'Rocks' theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marianne, these are three great shots. Two of your photos are funny. Imagine seeing zebras drinking from a pool. The elephant's plight is unfortunate. Nice shot of the duck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That elephant is just a big baby, Robert, the dam is right behind him, h e is just convinced the pool water is better.

      Delete
  8. I love your pictures!!! Only in Africa!!! The zebras are my favorite and I would love to have them by my swimming pool. Well worth waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much everyone for your kind comments. I as per usual was a bit cheeky with my interpretation, but seemed it went down well enough.

    I can tell you that the elephants can just go over and drink from the lake, but no this youngster was quite sure the water was sweeter in the pool. He was so begging me to help him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome shots,Marianne! Very cool shot of the zebras... Love the serenity in the third...

    ReplyDelete