Pages

Saturday 18 May 2013

Picture This #200 ~ Special

Great theme!


I have learned so much from this group by looking at other people's photographs and by your kind comments on mine. Here are some of my special places and special pictures.
Breakfast rock

This is a rock on the northern shore of Lake Superior in Canada. When we stayed on the lake, I would get up in the morning, put a thermos of coffee, some scones and my camera in my knapsack and climb to the top of this rock for breakfast.
Pelican and spray

I remember the day I took this picture. Florida of course. I remember thinking I could spend an entire life taking pictures of pelicans and it would not be a wasted life.
Caspersen 2010

Where my heart resides. Caspersen beach, Venice, Florida.
Dolphin

A magic night. Toward dusk, a pod of dolphins were herding fish and feasting on them. The structure with the pelicans is a channel marker.
Gate on St. Joseph's Lake

A gate guarding a walkway to an island on St. Joseph Lake on the campus of the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana, US. It's purpose is a mystery; I have googled and googled to try to find the purpose of the gate and have not been able to. Maybe it is better as a mystery.
Tom and Honey

Finally, two very special beings in my life, Tom and my cat, Honey. Honey is helping Tom work on the taxes.


18 comments:

  1. Still my favorites being your's of the walkway under the water. All are picture Perfect though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I first posted that picture on Picture Perfect and their encouragement was great.

      Delete
  2. Looking at them I understand why they are your special. They are not special, they are very special, indeed! Love them all but the last one is my favourite. What a cool scene! The cat enjoying his moments of meditation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cat is a very mellow cat. Our other cat would have been knocking the pens off the table. Thank you for your kind words about my pictures.

      Delete
  3. The rock, the bird and the palmtree (sounds like another novel by CSL>) they're beautiful shots.

    Peaceful and wonderful shot of the pelicans and the lone dolphin.

    "What are you doing?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound like a CS Lewis novel. Thank you for your words!!

      Delete
  4. ahh Benni these are all so wonderful since I love water

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do too. You have done some lovely water shots and thank you.

      Delete
  5. nice theme and very cool pics. the last one is my fav. ciao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I like the last one myself.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful captures for the theme Benni;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for this wonderful group.

      Delete
  7. Hi Benni !! You've selected some wonderful shots for the theme, some I'm familiar with, some not. Great spot at Lake Superior to sit with coffee and camera. I saw Lake Superior for the first time this year, but only from the air, as we passed over the southern end of it as we flew back from Las Vegas, via Denver, to Newark, NJ. The pelican and crashing waves is a great action shot, as is the solitary leaping dolphin. I remember the 'gate' shot from when you first posted it on PP, and am still fascinated by it. I wonder if you'll ever find out it's purpose? Love that last shot of Honey 'helping' Tom with his tax returns :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Superior might be a nice trip for you and Joanne. The circle route goes around the lake. Thank you for your encouragement through the years.

      Delete
  8. Most interesting photos. They are all something special, especially the path under the water and of course the feline sitting on the post parcels and thinking about reading the morning newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much. I really should find a way to discover the purpose of that path.

      Delete
  9. They are all special indeed. I like the second one, you captured that very certain moment!
    Also the amazing path under water is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sophie. The second one was taken on such a special day. I guess they all were.

      Delete