Pages

Sunday 5 May 2013

PICTURE THIS #198 - FACES

Welcome back to Mitch. Thank you to Baz for keeping an eye on all of us *winks* Mitch is back in the saddle and has asked for FACES:- 


 My first one, is a joyful lot of faces, smiling, at the recent Irish Blarney Brothers rendition in aid of Animals in Distress that I attended. Great Gran, Great Grandson, Grandaughter and Son, all enjoying themselves with Happy Faces:-


Faces2



My second entry for this lovely challenge is a take on the Afrikaans word "Faces", "Gesiggies" is the name of this lovely flower ,we all enjoy as Pansies. I just love the word Klein Gesiggies - Small faces as indeed I think they look like smiley faces, in the beginning of our winter, flowering , making me smile.


Faces1


My third and last, yes no bonus or cheat this time, here is a hee haaw, donkey bray for you all: -

  Faces3


Have a fantastic week, 
loves to all
 Marianne

23 comments:

  1. Just love the donkey - I think he was laughing at you. The first is a lovely family photo. I always think that pansies have faces and seem to be mocking you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was begging for bread and apples, the darling heee haaaawww. The noise early in the morning, jeiks, competing with the cat, that adopted us *grins*

      Delete
  2. Hi Marianne!! Really nice collection of shots for the theme. That's a lovely happy family shot to start with. Yes, I've always thought that pansies have 'faces', a lot of them look angry to me!! My fave shot, thought, is the laughing donkey.....wonderful shot :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mitch. You know those shots are always lucky!

      Delete
  3. all nice but really love the donkey

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can really see the resemblance in the first one...same smile!
    pansies have pretty detail
    awesome capture on the donkey! hee haw! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know Danette, that was such a loving family, the way he danced with his tiny great gran mother was awesome

      Delete
  5. Wonderful happy smiling faces in the first one. Love one of the flowers. "Keep smiling!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everybody for your nice encouraging comments. That donkey was a real character, met him at my mini-break. A beggar too, braying outside our cottage in the morning, for bread to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy, I sure loves that donkey. The laughter in the first photo is very heart warming, and I love the yellow pansies. Awesome Marianne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shayna, That darling donkey had a few photo shoots. I simply loved the great gran, she was the star of our party.

      Delete
  8. Three really lovely takes on the theme my friend I love them all;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I wondered if someone would use pansy faces! How very nice yours are. Also love the top picture, all very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the pansies, look so nice at the moment, Benni, thank you

      Delete
  10. Love these three but the donkey is my favourite, Marianne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love them all especially the first the little lady is so precious with her laugh

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all wonderful, Marianne! That last shot is priceless! The donkey looks like it's laughing!

    ReplyDelete