Pages

Saturday 24 August 2013

Picture This #214 ~ Person, Place And Thing.

Hello, everybody! I'm Debby Van Enkenvoort and I'll be your host for this week. First of all I'd like to say thanks to Baz for hosting last week's theme of local landscapes. I enjoyed seeing the areas where each of our photo buddies live, work and play.

This week's theme is more or less a free for all. I want to see photos of a person, a place and a thing, or any combination thereof. I hope you enjoy it. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos. Thanks for participating!!

Person: Tabayara Maluenda ~ lion tamer for Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus. This photo is from the "Built to Amaze" tour 2013 and was my first visit ever to a circus. It WAS amazing!!
 p1 

Place: Paris, France 
paris

Thing: A giant chess set on Flatbush Ave. in Park Slope, Brooklyn, NYC.
 thing1

11 comments:

  1. Amazing circus shot. That tiger sure is impressive.

    Wow - love the triangulation of the three prominent landmarks.

    Chess anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debby!! Thanks for hosting this week. Love the theme, gives scope for a variety of photos. Great shot of the lion-tamer (should that be tiger-tamer?? LOL), looks great in B&W. The juxtapostion of the landmarks in the Paris shot is fabulous. Cool chess-set. Could anyone just walk up and play?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've seen people playing once in a while. I don't play well enough to stand out on the street and try it out.lol. I'd embarrass myself. I've played numerous times (at home, not on the street) with my youngest son, but he always beats me!

      Delete
  3. Hi Debby a wonderful theme and 3 awesome captures to get us started, have a great weekend my friend;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three awesome shots, Deb! Love the one of the circus. I think the B&W is a perfect editing. Very interesting composition in the second. Paris is always Paris and your photo depicts its iconic landmarks, very well. Is that giant chess made out of marble? I saw a similar one, at a cultural centre in Bratislava: a wooden chess set of huge size... people could play if they wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this set is made of a heavy plastic, not marble.

      Delete
  5. Hi Debby, a great theme and a good way to use my imagination. The circus shot is really quite amazing, filled with action. I agree that B/W makes the photo and adds to the drama. Your Paris picture is fabulous, my favorite, you have found a great way to show off that city. Wonderful chess set. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very good idea for a theme. you have chosen three good shots, all of them very interesting. I was wondering if Paris had a new buliding next to the eiffel until I read the text. We also had a chess set in my town, but I ever played. A good subject for a photo.That was a good shot at the circus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing circus capture!
    The last photo is my favorite, my son collect all kind of different chess sets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debby, your circus shot is filled with action. I like how it was done in black and white. The subjects are illuminated and the background is darkened. Your photo of the Paris landmarks is unique. I like the composition of the three landmarks. The chess set in Brooklyn is quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete