Pages

Sunday 7 April 2013

PICTURE THIS 2012 #193 - SKY

It has been a stupid, silly week as those of you who know me from Facebook are also aware of.

I have just posted a blog in haste, if you read that you will understand some of what is going on.

In the meantime, huge apologies to Mitch for just about ignoring his great theme. They say better late than never, I pray it also apply in this instance.

Congratulations, Baz, your shot is awesome, looks great as our new weekly banner.


EARLY MORNING CLEAR SKIES


  The Sky - blue skies at the Dam

THUNDER STORMS COMING - FLIGHT CANCELLED

  The Sky - Storm coming


FLAMING SUNSET


  The Sky- solnedgang

MY BONUS SHOT - HALO AROUND THE SUN IN NOVEMBER 2010

 Some might remember this one from my earliest Multiply blogs, it was an unbelivable phenomena occuring in the sky over Johannesburg 30 November 2010. It lasted from about 9.15am to just after 11.00 am , then all was normal again. At one stage there were 2 haloes, but it was impossible to shoot as they could not fit in proper. Here I was shielding from the glare under a tree, to catch some of the Halo.

  The Sky - Halo around Sun

7 comments:

  1. Stunning lakeview

    Ready for take off

    Lovely halo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marianne!! Yes, late is better than never!! Great to see your contributions to my theme. Lovely placid blues of sky and lake in the first shot. Glad they cancelled the flight....nothing worse than flying through a thunderstorm!! Beautiful sunset in the third shot. Your bonus shot is my fave!! What an awesome shot. I've always wanted to shoot a sun-halo, but have never actually seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that okay Marianne your shots are always so wonderful and as the old provverb goes better lat then never
    very lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful shots, Marianne. That last one is fascinating.I've seen a moondog before, but never a sun dog. Really cool. These are all so nice it would be hard to pick a favorite.

    I love the foreboding feeling of the second picture with the approaching storm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marianne, glad to see you back on here posting three wonderful sky shots. I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, I typed three but I meant four!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shots are really good showing abandoned life in Suid Afrika. I just love the halo around the sun, never seen anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete