Pages

Monday 22 April 2013

PICTURE THIS #196 ~ FOR SALE


Thank you to darling Belita, for hosting this week with such a fun and interesting theme.

for once I have been able to pop around and visit the other contributions, they are all great. 

My first FOR SALE is from the new supermarket that has opened up the road, I like the way they chose to display their vegetables:- 


For Sale 1



My second is looking through the window into the Teddy Bear shop, I was too scared to go inside, as I knew for a fact, I would buy something. I am a sucker for soft toys:-

  For Sale4

My third is from a street seller, my best new friends, displaying their paintings, all are for sale, you can also get them off the frame, so you can post them in a postal tube, rolled up:-

  For sale 18

10 comments:

  1. Food for the palate, the child and artist in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way they organize the veges, the second shop looks very homey.
    I hope someone did support those artists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi marianne, nice pics. I had never seen a greengrocer's showing vegetables like that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Marianne, for letting me know you like my choice of theme for this week.
    Love your three shots. Nice, unusual, practical display of vegetables. Good angle of the shot. Can see well the variety for sale. The second shot is lovely. Nice paintings in the third. Very African vibrant colours. The second shot is lovely and my favourite.... I've a special attraction for teddy bears and whenever I see a shop with teddy bears for sale, I can't help but getting in and... sometimes I get a new companion to the big family I've already. Thanks,Marianne, for your contributions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOu know, Belita, when I first moved in with Russell, we counted the teddy bears as they came out the box's. There was 198 ! so a big clean up was needed and we took them to Cotlands and Avril Elizabeth Homes. I now have again about 39 or 42, a few of them are hiding, teddys, seals, dogs, cats, penguins, giraffes, all soft toys, suppose I am waiting for a grandchild?

      Delete
  5. The arrangement of groceries in the South African supermarket is very good. Much more interesting that the flat trays we seem to have. You have teddy bear shops in Suid Afrika? Looks quite good, I am sure you have giraffe shops as well.Very nice colourful paintings- a good shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, shops that sell mostly teddy bears and shops that teach you how to design and sew your own teddy bears. I have not seen a giraffe shop but while in Cape Town I saw a whole shop dedicated to Penguins. Needless to say I had to buy one, no I bought two, softies, and a lovely little porcelain one.

      Delete
  6. Hi Marianne sorry I did not get around before now its been a busy week, but your images are worth waiting for three images thet compliment the theme so well;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to worry, Baz, happy weekend and thank you for the compliment. Hugs

      Delete