Pages

Saturday 15 November 2014

Picture This #277 ~ Thankful

Congratulations to Pat; I love your cats of many colors!! A wonderful banner picture. Thank you to Heidi for this theme which reminds us of all the things we have to be thankful for, both big and little. I am very grateful that for many years we were able to spend summers in Canada on the eastern shore of Lake Superior; here are some of my fondest memories.


Lady Slipper
A Ladyslipper orchid, growing wild in the forest above Old Woman Bay.

Black Bog
The Black Bog, part of Pancake Bay Provincial Park

Canada forest
The forest behind the cabin where we stayed. I loved the light in the woods at dusk, but of course that was when the bears came out so I was cautious. The wind off the lake kept most of the mosquitos away. Thankfully.


10 comments:

  1. 3 wonderful photos. Lovely orchid capture. Interesting path over the bog, good capture. The forest in the third photo are the fascinating places we meet in life. Looks very mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat. The forest was a magical place and also difficult to navigate as it grows on iron ore rich ground, so a compass is less than helpful.

      Delete
  2. Hi Benni !! Lovely shots for this week's theme. Wonderful shot of the Ladyslipper. Love the second shot, it's similar to a wooden path through a local wetland near where I live. Nice capture of the sunlight illuminating the forest in the final photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mitch, I remember that great shot of yours. Wooden paths through wetlands are wonderful to walk on and photograph. There are many boggy plants that grow there and nowhere else. Thank you; I am glad you liked the shots.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful images you have selected Benni I love them all ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Baz. I think you would love it up there.

      Delete
  4. I would be so thrilled to come across a ladyslipper. Beautiful shot!

    The Black Bog looks intriguing! It reminds me of Phinizy Swamp near Augusta, GA.

    Pretty shot of the forest. I love the ferns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debby. I've spent much time on my tummy on that walkway trying to see or photograph the unusual plants. Would love to explore Phinizy Swamp.

      Delete